Monday, June 05, 2006

On my father-in-law

While looking through the archives at Buried Treasure, I discovered this entry. I was reminded of my great respect for my father-in-law.

My father-in-law deserves more credit than he gets. He has always worked hard to support his family. He worked sacrificially to put both of his sons through a good college. He has always treated his daughter-in-laws as his own children. He has sacrificed the almighty American right to privacy willingly to both of his children so that they could get a better start by living rent-free or low-rent in his house--both in a row, so close on each other's tails that at one point all six of us lived in the house. He has helped my husband and I by giving us land nearby and having it surveyed for us, and intends to do the same for my brother- and sister-in-law. They are currently saving up their money to build and raising their son in his grandparents' home. He also has a tendency to do things like mowing our lawn or filling in the trench on our hillside where the grass keeps washing out, sometimes without telling us. As my husband grows and matures into the man God wants him to be, he has an excellent role model.

1 Comments:

Blogger Young Christian Woman said...

How does one change the timestamp?

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home