Friday, October 02, 2009

sentences

Firstborn said her first confirmed "sentence" this weekend. (This is the kind of sentence where the requirement is only that there are at least two different words, and they are related somehow). Her sentence was "Sit sit sit sit kitty." (This translates roughly as, "The kitty is under the chair.") Since then, she has said several more sentences, including "Duck quack quack," "Cat quack quack" (still working on those animal sounds I guess), and "Esther kitty" (our cat's name is Esther). She now seems to be frequently saying several different words in a row, though I often can't tell what most of them are.

Okay, I don't usually do poop, but I will share a story including poop, because... well, because.

So Daddy was changing the diaper and asked for help because it was poopy and green. This was due to a kiwi for breakfast. While I worked on the diaper, I told Firstborn that the diaper was green because of the kiwi. I asked her what color her poop would be if she ate chocolate. "Bah."
"That's right, chocolate is brown!" (I thought this was just a coincidence--it might be). "What color would your poop be if you at a banana?"
"Yl." I was speechless for a moment. I looked at Husband, who asked, "Was that yellow?"
"It sure sounded like it."
"What color would you poop be if you had blueberries?"
"ll." (pause) "ee." (Were those colors? I don't know.)

I also have heard reports of her matching colors, but I don't know if she did it on purpose. She hasn't done it since. I've talked about colors for over a year, and we've had a color book for several months, so it wouldn't surprise me if she was picking up something.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennwith2ns said...

Great stories! Baby-word stories are so much fun. And I think it's hilarious that one of your "labels" is now "poop." Hahahaha!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home