Friday, March 26, 2010

Pray!

A week or two ago, Firstborn picked up an interesting habit.

She climbed into my lap and demanded, "Pi!"

At first I thought she was referring to her brother. "Is the baby Pi?"

Firstborn grabbed my hands. "Pi, pi!"

Not having the advantage of a title above the encounter, I was stumped.

"Ama, Ama!"

That one I knew--amen. She was telling me to pray. And I couldn't very well say no, of course, nor did I want to.

Since then, we have been praying together several times a day. We pray for our family, for our country, for an end to abortion. We pray the Lord's prayer, Psalm 139, and Psalm 23. We sing songs praising God. I stop what I'm doing to thank God with my daughter. I think it's awesome.

I don't know how much she understands, but she's listening. She repeats names when I pray for our family. And she really likes the line about God's powder. You know... "Yours is the kingdom, and the powder, and the glory, forever and ever."

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennwith2ns said...

That is SO GREAT! Thanks for sharing that story.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home