Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Breastfeeding

So two days ago Third finally figured out this breastfeeding thing. Yay! Yesterday he wanted to nurse so much he was not willing to take a bottle unless he got really hungry. Boo! Today he will fall asleep nursing before doing it too much and I am thinking from the wetness of his diapers he isn't quite getting enough (though I am giving him bottles too).

I am also sick and dead tired. It feels like I am failing at even my most basic tasks as a mom. I need to be writing down what he is doing when, but I just can't seem to make it happen.

Firstborn learned yesterday afternoon to climb up on the couch. She used her newfound skills to turn on several devices and call Grandpa (I assume she managed to get into the caller id log or phonebook or redial). I am on antibiotics (which can be fatiguing) for sinusitis and I suspect I had another UTI as well. I called though because I thought I might have mastitis. Now I am fairly sure I have neither that nor conjunctivitis. I have new glasses (got them last week) that sometimes seem to throw off my vision.

Here is where, if I were a good blogger, I would tie this all together with some sort of spiritual truth.

Um...

God is love.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous JaneC Duquette said...

Please make sure that you are getting enough to drink especially water. I used to have a bottle of water (with a sport's top) by every comfy chair in the house. We also turned one room of the house into a large playpen so that the big kids could play safely while I was feeding the newborn. We put a baby gate across the doorway. Since I was in the room too it kept my older kids from practicing climbing bookcases and jumping off stairs in another room while I was busy with the baby. Spend time with the kids and keep your list of essentials very, very short. Congratulations on your family.

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just happened across your blog through a link from another blog...which I cannot remember...sorry! But I wanted to tell you that this line: "Here is where, if I were a good blogger, I would tie this all together with some sort of spiritual truth.

Um...

God is love" made me laugh out loud! I can SO relate. Not that I'm a blogger, but that sometimes in my conversations, or emails, or rants to my husband, I just kind of stop when I'm done and my poor jumbled mommy brain does not know how to tie things up. Ending phone calls can be very awkward for me. Haha...Oh, and I am also a young Christian mother. Just have one babe for now, 13 months old. I've enjoyed perusing your entries, since I feel I can relate to you a little bit. Have a great day!

-Angela M.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home