Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Blogging, tweeting, electioneering and babies

Haven't been blogging recently, have I?

Let's see... Third (Peter) turned 5 months old yesterday. He started cereal in the evenings at 4 months 1 week, and loves it. My supply wasn't keeping up, and he was nursing I think more than ten hours lots of days... but now that's more reasonable and he's so much happier. The time was right to start cereal, and I'm at peace with doing it, and it seems to have made everything work better. I wanted to make it to 6 months exclusively breastfeeding, but with all the problems we had early on it is great that we managed to get to exclusively breastfeeding at all. Maybe next time around :)

Firstborn (Hannah) turns 2 on Saturday, and we're having a party. Seven toddlers, 10 adults, 5ish teens, 4 preschoolers and gradeschoolers and a baby have RSVPed. (4 toddlers and 6 adults haven't gotten back to me). Activities will include coloring, balloon sorting, bubble machine, and eating jigglers. Hannah selected her own party favors--rubber duckies and mini-bubble containers.

I am losing weight (yay!) by eating low carb (boo!). My husband was elected town moderator on May 2 after serving a year by appointment (because no one else wanted the job then), beating two challengers and drawing more than half of the popular vote.

I'm on twitter as @GlorifyHisSon, hence some of my lack of blogging.

I've been feeling pregnant since March, testing every other week, and failing all the tests. Today's sign of pregnancy: peeing all the time.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger justadrienne said...

Oooo, have you been missing your period?

I feel like if you haven't had a period since before March, you should be able to convince the doctors to do a blood test on you, even if the home tests are negative . . . .

Good luck!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Young Christian Woman said...

Missing my period isn't saying a lot, since I started missing it when my little boy picked up on breastfeeding, which was in February. Although if things are like last time around, it will start back up now that he's having cereal, and I'll have a baseline again.

The blood tests aren't cheap either. I keep wondering if maybe I got a bad batch of test (my wonderful husband ordered them online for me) but I figure if I'm pregnant, eventually she'll start kicking me, and more likely it's wishful thinking.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home