Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cleaning up

Over the past few weeks I've been making amazing strides toward picking up my house and keeping it in a picked-up state. So far I have no clutter on the couches or the living room floor, no dirty dishes being left out over night, and I'm caught up on laundry. And I am beginning to think that picking up the rest and keeping it neat is doable.

So my plan is to keep pluggin' on and clean one small area at a time. Once everything is picked up I will make myself a schedule for actual cleaning. And then things will stay picked up and clean.

Praise God!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

Jessi,

My name is Cynthia and I'm from the TOK board. I hope it's ok if I read your blog. I was so moved by what you have been going through, and inspired by your strong Christian faith.

I just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, the most specific prayer being that God will give you peace and patience in the midst of this. We struggled and struggled to conceive our third child, even though our experience is only a taste of what you are going through. I'm so very glad you have little Hannah.

I first "met" you on the TOK board when you posted about how to approach and give comments to TOK families. I'm so glad you've listed the names of your other children on your signature. You are a TOK mom and you will hold those little ones someday.

Anyway, I just had to tell you how much I appreciated the love, wisdom and faith that shine through your blog. You are an amazing person!

Cynthia Goetz

9:08 AM  
Blogger Young Christian Woman said...

Thank you, Cynthia! It's great to get feedback :)

I do not mind at all if you read my blog. You are welcome to do so :)

Thank you for the encouragement--I am a mom of many, but I am also aware that when it comes to the day-to-day struggles TOK moms face, I don't have the same experiences--I don't have to worry about tracking pairs of socks for 11 people or cooking enough to feed 9 kids or people staring at me when I go out in public, and that's why sometimes I keep a lower profile. I don't always have a lot to add, though I try to chime in when I can. I'm just glad to find a corner of the internet where there is so much less implicit disapproval of children, reproduction, and big families.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home