Tuesday, February 02, 2010

They grow up so fast

I have decided to work harder on potty training, so Firstborn has been spending part of the day running around naked the past few days. Not much success yet, but only one puddle, and I know she's ready to learn.

Speaking of ready, I am also pretty sure she's ready for a toddler bed. We are getting one from some friends who no longer need it, possibly this month. If she naps at Grandma and Grandpa's it's in a big bed. She lies very still--more so than in her crib.

Third has outgrown his newborn clothes and is in the 0-3 month size. Luckily, dh finally bought me a cheap $20 digital camera since we lost ours. But that was less than a week ago and now it's missing too.

All of a sudden Third has figured out this breastfeeding thing! He will eat whenever I put him to breast, starting yesterday. Is it just time? Was it losing the breast shield? I don't know, but I'm glad it's working.

Third has put himself on a schedule. He wakes up in the morning just before we want to, and is up through our and Firstborn's breakfasts. He wakes up again for a quick noontime meal, and then again when it's time to get dinner ready, and is up off and on through dinner, Firstborn's bathtime, and her bedtime, and our bedtime. Then he sleeps until midnight, or two or three. Sometimes he'll be up both those times. Sometimes there will be another brief awake period in the morning or afternoon. It's not exactly a convenient schedule, but predictability is nice.

Third is better at regulating his temperature than I am--he is too warm sometimes in a fleecey sleeper. So much for one-more-layer-that-I'm-wearing. His sister has apparently not gotten the memo, though, and is still quite disturbed if he isn't wearing a hat. She will make an excellent little old lady someday. (Of course, so would Daddy, who's concerned about Firstborn wandering around without socks. Because she takes hem off.)

Went for a walk with Firstborn recently and she kept up with me, and stopped when I told her to. Yay!

I think she might be done napping. A real shame, because I'm not done with her napping. But she wouldn't nap this weekend, then had one yesterday and was up early and during the night, though she fell back asleep. We're trying things without a nap today, and she's doing fine.

God bless y'all

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home