Thursday, May 27, 2010

Spiritual growth

I don't know if I can take credit for this--I know some of it is my doing but not all. But Hannah is so spiritually aware.

I've posted before about how she wants to pray a lot. Well, now she knows when she needs to pray--when she is frustrated or upset. If she wishes someone were there and they are not, she prays for them. If she is frustrated with me or her brother, she wants to pray. I know this is because I pray when I am frustrated with them. And yeah, it happens enough for her to pick it up. Bad or good? I don't know, but I think it's awesome she's praying so much.

A few days ago I was singing "How Great Thou Art," and Hannah was trying to sing along. I talked to her about what the song meant....

I asked her if she knew Jesus could live in her heart. "Heart." I asked her if she liked Jesus. "Yes." Did she want Jesus to live in her heart? "Yes."

She's two. I don't know how much she understands.

I prayed.
"Jesus, Hannah loves to talk to you by praying and learn about you. If she is truly ready and willing, I pray that you would come and live in her heart. Amen."

My job's not done, not by a long shot. I don't know if she understood any of that. But she picks up on so much. She's learning letters and numbers and colors and animals--and all of that pales next to the importance of learning about God. And I wish I were more productive and less angry and frustrated and sleepy--but if being overwhelmed at the edge of myself leads to my daughter's spiritual awareness, if that is how God uses my weakness to display his strength, bring it.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennwith2ns said...

Don't underestimate what she's getting either. I had a similar situation with the kid I nannied for at the same age. Granted, I don't know where he is spiritually now, but I think this is a case of "He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it." The "good work" is "begun;" He'll complete it.

I love these stories!

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home