Tuesday, July 13, 2010

God is Good

I had been getting very frustrated. It seemed like Hannah wasn't listening and wasn't doing the right thing, and then she started un-potty training. I knew she could do it because she hadn't been having more than one accident a day since at least her birthday. But she stopped using the potty. So I got frustrated and I yelled at her a lot. And then before long I was yelling at my husband too, and complaining about how much I felt like he wasn't doing.

And then I realized (partly thanks to my husband) that I was doing the same thing. I had figured out the right thing to do--pray--but I'd stopped doing it. And then, no matter what happened, I kept doing more things wrong, even though I knew I shouldn't be doing those things. Sound familiar?

And I wasn't doing a very good job of showing Hannah that I love her. Truth be told, I wasn't doing a good job of loving her at all. I was trying....

And so we prayed together, the four of us. I thanked God for each of my family members--my wonderful husband, my wonderful daughter, my wonderful son. I asked God to forgive me for how I'd treated them. And I asked Him to help me love them as He does.

This week is going so much better. And the only thing that's changed is my attitude.

Prayer works.

Praise God.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

You should link this up!

Potty training can make you lose your mind. It's hard because you can't force them to do it- it's one of the first things the little ones have to do all on their own.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Young Christian Woman said...

I had tried to link up, but then my internet died, and later the linkything was closed. It's in my comment anyway I figured.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Marcyh1978 said...

Amen to that...prayer really works!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Marcyh1978 said...

Amen to that...prayer really works!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Muslim woman said...

Hello ^ *.
Oh my God, this see you enthusiastically
You are like God and I also
Every day I pray to Allah five prayers
God is Who created me and gave me health and blessed me with food, Log me in the university and the blessed house
God deserves to love and pray it does not it?

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home