Friday, August 13, 2010

Hi, Mommy!

"Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi, Mommy! Hi, Mommy! Hi!"

This is what Hannah says when I go out on the porch to use the grill. She waves at me from the other side of the door.

"Hi, Mommy! Hi!"

Melts my heart....

Is this what we are to God?

I am sure He is pleased when we display and seek understanding of the spiritual things that are important to Him. But He is also pleased when we seek to be close to Him and to communicate with Him. Not to seek what we want from Him, or even His favor... but just to say, "Hi, God! Hi! Hi Jesus! Hi Jesus! Hi! I love you!" It's more gratifying than "Hannah wants snack!" or the thinly disguised "Baby wants to watch Veggie Tales" that so many of our prayers sound like....

Hi, God. Hi! I love you. What are you doing? Can I help?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i love hearing my daughter say this.. makes my heart melt as well. :) Just happened to come across your blog. I always like to leave a comment letting people know i stopped by and i enjoyed reading. :) :)

10:15 PM  
Blogger mutya sarmiento-depadua said...

I hope to hear this from my Seraphim soon. He's non-verbal yet at 20months.
Surely it's also God's way of saying He loves us when we hear our little ones speak. :)

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home