Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Center of God's Will

A couple times recently I have felt like I am in the center of God's Will. Which I think is pretty awesome.

The first time was when I was giving my husband a backrub a few days ago. And then again this morning when I was nursing my son. He fell asleep, and I went back to bed. But I couldn't sleep.

I began to feel that God wanted me to clean the bathroom. This is not a common thing for me (as you might deduce, had you ever seen my bathroom). Well, except for the occasional pregnancy-induced insomia/nesting combo. And I am not pregnant to my knowledge. So I cleaned the mirror. And I cleaned the window. And I cleaned the toilet. All very thoroughly--and I felt I was in the center of God's will. And it was so amazing that it'll take 2 or 3 more blog posts to detail all the insights I gained this morning while cleaning my bathroom.

And as I cleaned the toilet I could see many more things I could do stretching out before me, that I could do and be in the center of God's will: More cleaning. Picking up. Making lunch for my husband. Taking a shower. God is so good.

Then my baby woke up and started fussing, and I kept cleaning the sink even though I should have tended him first. Everything gets so much harder when the kids are up. I didn't want to leave a relatively simple job half-done (it worked out fine; he wasn't really crying and I was able to get dressed rather than getting him right away; but I didn't have that feeling of being in the center of God's Will). But I want to be in the center of His Will.

Part 2

Part 3

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home