Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 18 (on breastfeeding)

I tried to cut Firstborn back to 3-5 times a day breastfeeding, but it seems like my milk is drying up completely. I don't know if it's because I cut back, because of the progesterone, or because of the pregnancy.

It is kind of sad it's over--especially because she tries and then cries when there's not enough, and she still isn't into cups. Cups are sometimes interesting when she feels like it, but they aren't a major source of liquid, in her opinion. I guess she will learn... but I feel like I'm not giving her what she wants and what is good for her, when she is very clearly making it known. When she wants to breastfeed, she claws at my shirt and buries her head in my chest. I never expected to feel this way when it ended, but I suppose I expected it to be more gradual too.

On a lighter note, she's started pointing and is closer to using words for things. However, she's just not there yet. She points at Dada and says, "Dada!" We say, "Yes, what a good girl, that is Dada!" Then she points out the window and says, "Dada." Um, no. Sometimes she seems to call me Mama... and sometimes she seems to call me Dada. Her babbling sounds more wordlike too.

Today's sign of pregnancy: waking up in the wee hours of the morning every day, even when I haven't gotten enough sleep.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Purple Envelope Project said...

I've never had a nursling and been pregnant at the same time, so I'm not much help. All I can say is that I'm so glad to hear that you'r numbers are rising well. Lots of prayers for a healthy pregnancy and an easy transition from breastfeeding for your firstborn.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Young Christian Woman said...

Thank you :)

I actually don't seem quite as dry now... but I am down to 3 times a day or so (morning, nap and bedtime).

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home